A Guide To Quartz Worktops

Quartz worktops are the fastest-growing and most common form of solid kitchen worktop today, with quartz worktops being used as standard in a large number of new homes. If you’ve ever had the pleasure of using a quartz worktop, you’re also aware of the many benefits that come with making kitchen worktops made from a raw, extremely durable material. In fact, the term ‘quartz’ is Slavic for ‘hard,’ and it is only marginally harder than diamond on the hardness scale – but much cheaper!Do you want to learn more? Visit Quartz worktops .

But it’s not all about its endurance, though that’s a significant consideration. It’s all about how it feels, which for many people is almost as important as having a kitchen worktop that can withstand the kitchen’s sun.

Quartz worktops are made up of at least 93 percent quartz crystals, with the remaining 7% made up of resin and bonding chemicals, as well as some other decorative materials.

In certain cases, there may be a pigment that gives the worktop a specific colour. This results in a rather appealing finish that also has the unmistakable appearance of a natural material. Quartz kitchen worktops are increasingly being embellished with textures such as small metal flecks or mirrored flecks.

The metallic flakes produce a dazzling effect that illuminates beautifully and has a dramatic influence on the overall appearance of a kitchen. Since mirror flecks are used in the manufacturing process, the finished worktop is highly reflective and absorbs the light in a variety of ways, giving it a sparkling appearance.

One of the advantages of making quartz worktops in this fashion is that the hue and effect are constant across the worktop, as opposed to a veneer, which can easily peel away, scratch, tear, or break, exposing an unsightly and unsanitary surface underneath.

Quartz worktops definitely hit all of the boxes in terms of longevity, flexibility, and aesthetic appearance, and are a perfect choice for those trying to build a kitchen that effectively mixes efficiency and design. But what are the other options you can think of, and how do they compare?

Quartz worktops are one of the most inexpensive solid worktop alternatives, although granite worktops have the advantages of a solid natural surface at a higher price. Stainless steel is also a common option, especially among skilled cooks and chefs, though it is increasingly being used in home kitchens. Stainless steel will look amazing when paired with a bright highlight colour for tiles.

However, Corian is the most significant alternative to quartz worktops to remember. Corian worktops are one of the most common solid worktops on the market right now.

Despite not being a natural material in the same manner as quartz is, Corian worktops provide a wide range of benefits, including flexibility, longevity, and aesthetic appeal.

Corian is the most adaptable of all the materials used to make kitchen worktops. It can be sliced, moulded, moulded, and even vacuum moulded, allowing for almost any style. Unlike other worktops, such as quartz, Corian worktops are not need to be flat and can be built in three dimensions rather than just two. Consider incorporating cooling shelves, a splashback, a mixing tub, or even the sink into the work surface

Apart from the mind-boggling possibilities for design and manufacturing of Corian worktops, Corian is available in more designs and colours than any other form of solid worktop in terms of style and visual appearance. If you can’t find what you’re looking for in the Corian collection, you won’t find it elsewhere. With about 70 different models and designs now available, with more being introduced to the range every year, you won’t find it anywhere.

CONTACT INFO :

PREMIUM WORKTOPS DIRECT LTD
16 LOWER BRUNSWICK STREET, LEEDS, WEST YORKSHIRE LS2 7PU
0113 320 5877

Powered by WordPress | Designed by Elegant Themes | Provided by Zazavy